3/29/10 – KINSHIP CIRCLE ANIMAL DISASTER AID
Kinship Circle’s team is en route to Chile. Why Chile? The answer lies in their eyes…
Animals have no borders, so when Chileans asked Kinship Circle to send teams to help displaced animals, we got to work. We are now in Chile for rescue, first aid and the eventual construction of a temp tent clinic/shelter to house homeless animals, treat injuries, vaccinate, and spay/neuter.
A stretch of coastal towns, about 500-600 miles from Santiago, Chile are ruined from an 8.8 earthquake, aftershocks, and two tsunamis. Still, cries of animals are heard from the rubble. Many are sick from drinking saltwater… It will take 4 to 5 days for a SACH/Kinship Circle convoy to log animal numbers, leave food/water and treat any injured or sick animals.
I wonder how we will find the money to finance all that needs to be done for thousands… Will people care enough about animals in Chile to contribute?
Anyone who looks into their eyes would see the same sadness and confusion that I see. That look, a mix of hunger and hopelessness, was Katrina’s hallmark. For some rescuers, it is a look that can never be erased.
How do you turn away from a plea for help? From tears…and stories of animals left behind? YOU DON’T. Brenda Shoss, president, Kinship Circle
* DONATE TO CHILE RELIEF FUND NOW:
* DONATE BY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER:
Kinship Circle / 7380 Kingsbury Blvd. / St. Louis, MO 63130
WE NEED TO RAISE AT LEAST $500,000 TO…
Fund Kinship Circle teams for 3 to 6 months — including veterinarians, first responders, and a Chile project manager — to purchase and oversee:
* Search and Rescue / Trapping
* In-Field First Aid / Wound Transport / Food-Water Program
* Assessment and Tracking of Animal Populations
* 1-Year Clinic/Shelter (for homeless and temporarily surrendered animals)
* Extended Care (vaccines, spay/neuter, and adoption programs)
* Veterinary surgical/diagnostic equipment
* Veterinary medicines, vaccines, tools
* Containment & care: kennels, cages, food, hygiene, bowls, leashes, collars, litter…
* Temp clinic/shelter: military tents, fencing, electrical lighting, air/heat…
* Field work: stretchers, carriers, gas, first aid, catch poles, trap cages…
ACTION CAMPAIGNS * EDUCATION * ANIMAL DISASTER AID NETWORK
http://www.KinshipCircle.org * http://www.kinshipcircle.org/disasters
Kinship Circle Animal Disaster Aid is a nonprofit that mobilizes volunteers and resources for animal victims through its network of trained responders in the U.S. and Canada. http://www.kinshipcircle.org/disasters
SIGN-UP FOR BREAKING NEWS & ACTION: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Action campaigns on animal cruelty issues worldwide
* Animal rescue coordination/news in disasters